Hannes received his Diploma degree in Applied Mathematics from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in 2012. He joined the Composites group at the University of Queensland in Australia shortly afterwards to pursue his PhD project on the computational failure modelling in composites and hybrid titanium composite laminates. In January 2017, he started as a Postdoctoral fellow at the University of British Colombia (UBC) under the supervision of Dr. Reza Vaziri to study the simulation of damage and failure in dynamically loaded composite structures as well as manufacturing-induced defects.
· Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis
· Solid Mechanics
· Computational Damage & Failure Prediction
· Fracture Mechanics
· Composites and Fibre Metal Laminates
· Reiner, J., Torres, J. P., Veidt, M., & Heitzmann, M. (2016). “Experimental and numerical analysis of drop-weight low-velocity impact tests on hybrid titanium composite laminates”. Journal of Composite Materials, 50(26), 3605-3617. doi:10.1177/0021998315624002
· Han, B., Veidt, M., Reiner, J., & Dargusch, M. (2016). “Application of augmented finite element and cohesive zone modelling to predict damage evolution in metal matrix composites and aircraft coatings”. Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research, 8(1), 1-17.
· Reiner, J., Torres, J. P., & Veidt, M. (2017). “A Novel Top Surface Analysis Method for Mode I Interface Characterisation Using Digital Image Correlation”. Engineering Fracture Mechanics (0013-7944). doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2016.12.022
· Reiner, J., Veidt, M., Dargusch, M., & Gross, L. (2017). “A progressive analysis of matrix cracking-induced delamination in composite laminates using an advanced phantom node method”. Journal of Composite Materials (first published online). doi:doi:10.1177/0021998316684203
Peer-reviewed Conference Papers
· Reiner, J., Veidt, M., Dargusch, M. & Gross, L. (2014). “A Computational Investigation of Failure Modes in Fibre Metal Laminates”. Australian Congress on Applied Mechanics (ACAM 8), Melbourne, Australia
· Reiner, J., Veidt, M., Dargusch, M. & Gross, L. (2016). “Progressive Matrix Cracking Induced Delamination in Composite Laminates: A Comparison of Finite Element Modelling Techniques”. European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM 17), Munich, Germany
· Reiner, J. & Vaziri, R. (2017). “Structural Analysis of Composites with Finite Element Codes: An overview of the various computational methods being used”. Comprehensive Composite Materials II, Volume 8 Design and Analysis of Composites, (manuscript accepted)
· Reiner, J. (2016). “A Computational Investigation of Failure Modes in Hybrid Titanium Composite Laminates”. Ph.D., The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
· Reiner J. (2012). “Finite Element Implementation and Simulation of a Gradient Damage Model”. Dipl.-Math. techn., Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany.